Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Departed Review

After watching "The Departed", I was pretty impressed by it. I had no idea that the cast of this movie was so stacked: Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg, Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin, Anthony Anderson, etc... with a cast like this, and a picture directed by Martin Scorsese, this equals instant magic created. As for the storyline in this movie, it was a little confusing to follow at first, between Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio's characters. Also, Jack Nicholson's character is a little hard to follow; being an FBI informant and one of the most powerful mobsters in Boston. But once I figured everything out about the storyline, the movie was pretty good. Mark Wahlberg's character is also the coolest man ever. The way he acts throughout the movie, he is not really a main character but he is involved in the storyline just enough to be remembered. When he came back at the ending and murdered Matt Damon in the very last scene, it was amazing. One thing about this movie that was weird was the ending. The movie ended very abruptly and it seemed like in a second it was over. The story was making complete sense until Leonardo DiCaprio's character is shot when he walks out of the elevator with Matt Damon. Then, in a matter of minutes, everyone starts dying. I was left sitting in class just wanting to know what the heck had just happened. One thing I would really like to know is who was Mark Wahlberg's character? I want to know what happened after he kills Matt Damon also. Overall, compared to other mobster/crime movies, "The Departed" is a great movie. "The Godfather" is better in my eyes, but that's only because that was the first mobster movie I ever saw and I instantly fell in love with it. One thing I really liked about this movie was the setting. Since it was set in Boston, MA., I love the city of Boston and this just made my attention grow towards the movie right as it began. Also, with the addition of purposely getting Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg, (Both born in Boston) made for the acting to be natural. The Massachusetts accents, the setting, the Dropkick Murphy's (ROCK), made me like the movie from the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment